- What are your objectives?
- What is your motivation to buy?
- What price range are you considering?
- What is your timeline to move?
- What are your ideal features and “non-negotiables”?
- What are you looking for in a neighborhood?
PLANNING AND PREPARATION
- Discuss objectives and home buying process
- Select a lender and begin the loan approval process
- Obtain a loan approval letter
- Sign an exclusive buyer-broker agreement with your Realtor®
- Research neighborhoods of interest with your Realtor®
UNDERSTANDING THE MARKET
- Analysis of active, pending and sold transactions
- Review contracts and timelines
- Timing/seasonal considerations
- Market forces: supply v. demand, macro v. micro
- The numbers: trends and metrics
Finding Your Home:
- Browse and review online listings with your Realtor®
- Review how online websites work with your Realtor®
- Daily updates from your Realtor®
- Notification of new and off-market properties
- Attend open houses and property tours with your Realtor®
- Select your ideal location and home
Offers and Negotiation Strategies:
- Learn about the purchase contract from your Realtor®
- Multiple offer strategies (as needed)
- Offer presentation and highlighting buyer strengths
- Negotiate to optimize price and terms
- Acceptance of offer/counter offers
- Notify escrow of acceptance and send fully executed contract
- Wire initial deposit to escrow per terms of agreement
- Notify lender to begin loan process and order appraisal
- Sign and return opening package of escrow instructions
- Contact insurance agent regarding homeowner coverage
- Provide escrow with vesting (title) information
Inspections and Disclosures:
- Schedule all desired home inspections, including termite report
- Review all disclosures and reports
- Approve or negotiate repairs based on inspection reports
- Review and approve all seller and state required disclosures
- Review and approve preliminary title report
- Meet deadlines and remove contractual contingencies
- Schedule final walk-through prior to close of escrow
Our team has tremendous success in forming long-lasting relationships with our clients by providing diligent and analytical service, impeccable market knowledge, attention to detail and uncompromising ethical standards.