Prepare for neon and traffic: Ultra takes over Bayfront Park from March 24-26, 2017.
James Beard Award-Winning Chef Michelle Bernstein will host this year’s Taste of Tennis, taking place at W Miami on Monday, March 20, 2017 at 7:00 PM. Expect eats by the city’s best, including Aaron Brooks (EDGE Steak & Bar), Alex Diaz (Tamarina), and Clark Bowen (DB Bistro Moderne).
Over in Key Biscayne, the Miami Open rings in another year of athletic greatness beginning March 20, 2017.
The March return of The Underline ‘s UnderLounge will celebrate all things biking and community. Backed by Baptist Health South Florida, the free family festival will take place on Saturday, March 11, 2017, featuring food vendors, live music, interactive art classes, and fitness sessions like Zumba and yoga. UnderStyle, a pop-up “runway” will flaunt fashionable bikers riding through the area in fitness apparel provided by Brickell City Centre retailers like Lululemon and Harmont & Blaine.
Bike 305 will bike the The Underline to the UnderLounge from the Dadeland North to Brickell Metrorail Station at 11 AM. Uber is also offering $2 off an UberPOOL to new users who use the code UNDERBIKE.
As Brickell, Miami and its surrounding neighborhoods continue to expand, residents and some city officials are pushing harder for alternative transportation options to aid in our area-wide street congestion. The Underline is leading this call for improving Miami’s urban mobility: The Underline is a ten-mile trail development project that will run underneath the Metrorail. When complete, The Underline will be South Florida’s longest urban trail, stretching from Brickell to Dadeland South. Here are five things every Miamian should know about The Underline.
1. The Underline will feature two widened and lit ten-mile trails—one for pedestrians and one for bicyclists, thus improving bicyclist and pedestrian safety and efficiency.
2. The Underline is designed by the award-winning James Corner Field Operations, who also designed New York City’s High Line.
3. The Underline will feature three miles of destination parks, including dog parks, exercise zones, basketball and volleyball courts, a skate park, and public art installations.
4. The Underline’s sustainable landscaping will include 120 acres of new open green space dotted with native plants and vegetation. The green spaces will feature an arboretum, butterfly garden, healing garden, performance area, and a birding trail.
5. The Underline will improve over 30 intersections.
He lives with his wife and 2 daughters in Coral Gables with his office located centrally in Brickell. Originally from the UK, his natural discipline and work horse ethic is well suited to his passion for testing sports . Learn More