Create a Free Account
Create an account to get access to market analysis, demographic information, and insider tips in your area. Registration is free and we never sell your information
When you complete the free registration, you’ll be able to:
View market trends Learn about local trends including price changes, number of listings available, and average selling time.
Oh, hello there! Are you a little heavier after all of the holiday festivities?
Me too, lol.
Don’t stress about it. Let’s just get our game faces ready for 2017. In fact, what do you say we enjoy one last cheat meal before we kick things off, shall we? My indulgence is going to be two double cheeseburgers from Five Guys and a pint of Ben and Jerry’s: One last glorious and glutinous adventure before we all get back on the wagon!
In all seriousness, though, I hope you had an amazing holiday season and that are ready to CRUSH 2017. Which makes me wonder, how did your 2016 go? I’ve been seeing a lot of #f***2016 posts going around social media so it appears it didn’t go so well for everyone.
I hope that wasn’t the case for you. But if it was, you can still take the days ahead by the reigns. To help you do so, I wanted to share a couple things I’ve learned during my time as a personal trainer about goal setting—especially for the New Year. Did you know that only 8% of people hit the New Year’s Resolutions that they set? That’s a staggeringly low number!
So, here are some tips on how to make sure that you hit your goals in 2017.
1. Write your goals down: This will drastically increase the likelihood of achieving them. Personally, I post mine on a wall above my desk and look at them every day.
2. Make your goals about more than money and weight loss. One thing that I’ve done for the past five years is write down Health, Financial, Business, Education, Toy, Adventure, Relationship and Contribution goals. This categorization helps keep my life in balance and keeps me focused on all the life aspects I’m hoping to excel in.
3. Don’t make year-long resolutions and goals unless you’ve broken them down into smaller pieces. Many times people overwhelm themselves with what they would like to achieve over the course of the year and when they realize that they’re falling behind they just say “F-it.” Break your goals down into daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly tasks, and it will be much easier for you to materialize what you want to achieve.
4. Visualize. Something I’ve found to be very helpful over the years is to imagine what I want to obtain. I sit at my desk in the morning, and I take 3 -5 minutes to read my over my goals and create the mental picture of what it’s going to take to achieve those things, as well as what my life will look like when I do achieve them. This personal time puts me in an incredibly focused mindset every day.
5. Get mentors. In whatever area of life you are looking to grow, one of the fastest ways you can do this is to find someone in that field that is absolutely crushing it. When I tell people what I spend yearly on mentorship programs, they usually think I’m crazy. However, I’ve found that the most successful individuals in the world invest money and energy in doing the same. Be persistent and search out the more qualified people in the areas of your life in which you are looking to improve.
That being said, if you have some health and wellness goals this year my team and I over at ERA Fitness in Brickell would love to sit down and sketch out an exact plan of how you’re going to dominate your fat loss and muscle building goals this New Year!
Lastly, if you think your last cheat meal of the year is better than the one I mentioned above, please feel free to tag a picture of it on my FB Page ERA Fitness or my IG, _ericrichardallen_. I’m always looking for new and creative ways to break my diet.
Brickell city centre has partnered with the miami international boat show to offer complimentary water taxi rides to and from key biscayne's... Read More